Post Lockdown - FREE Tyre Safety Health Check
Now that you're allowed back on the road it's time to check that your tyres are road safe, fitted and maintained well. After all, the only thing that stands between you and the road is the tyre that you choose.
The choice of tyre and the fitting is only part of the story – tyres need to be regularly checked and maintained to make sure they’re performing to their maximum capacity. Poor tyre performance can affect braking, steering, economy, driving performance and put you on the wrong side of the law.
How can we help you?
Here at Farmer & Carlisle, we’re passionate about your safety. We have a Toyota manufacturer-trained team that is ready to offer you advice on: wear and tear, different brands and prices, correct fitting and maintenance.
YOUR Free Tyre Health Check
Stay safe by BOOKING your FREE Tyre health check.
Please note: This tyre health check must be booked in, in advance with our service teams.
We will offer you:
- FREE Expert Advice on fitting and maintaining your tyres
- A FREE check on the health and tread of your tyres
- A FREE puncture repair (if your tyre can be safely and legally repaired. This excludes ‘run flat’ tyres)
- Expert advice on your choice of tyre and manufacturer
- Tyre Price Match Guarantee - if you find a like-for-like tyre cheaper (not including special internet offer) within a 10 mile radius. We have access to 1000’s tyres. If we don’t have the one you want in stock we can order it for you within 24 hours.
Book An Appointment
Contact our Service Teams on the links below and one of our team will get back to you to confirm your appointment:
If possible please provide the following information:
- Preferred location – Leicester or Loughborough
- Preferred date and time of visit
- Car make model
- Car registration
- Tyre size (if known)
- Mobile number or email address
The Legal Bit
Are your Tyres Legal?
“The legal tyre tread depth for cars in the UK and Europe is 1.6mm across the central three-quarters of the tyre, according to law. The tread must meet this minimum requirement across its complete circumference. ” (https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/tyres/checking-tyre-tread/)
“Tyre and safety experts believe the 1.6mm legal minimum is insufficient to guarantee safety – most recommend a minimum tread depth of 3mm for tyre replacement.
Tests by UK technical organisation MIRA found that, once tyres are below 3mm, stopping distances increase dramatically. The difference in wet braking distance between a tyre worn to 3mm and one worn to 1.6mm can be as much as 44%.” (https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/tyres/checking-tyre-tread/)
If the safety risks aren’t enough then what you also need to know is that there is the risk of a £2,500 fine and three penalty points per tyre. If all 4 are worn you could lose your license and face paying £10,000 in fines – we don’t think it's worth it!